So if you enjoy watching TV shows and movies on Netflix as much as my family does, then I hope you’ll like this blog series. Every month we’ll be posting “This Month’s Picks for Families” to give you some ideas that should fit into your family’s routine that month. And we’ll also include some craft or recipe ideas, but don’t worry we’ll keep them realistic and practical.
Our first blog post is full of ideas for the Holiday. Some will get your family in the festive spirit, some are perfect for pre-plane waiting time and some will take you down memory lane yourself. In case you hadn’t thought of taking your Netflix with you wherever you spend your holidays, it’s really simple. Just download our free app on your Smartphone or tablet and enjoy your trip over the river and through the woods.
Here are some of your kids’ favorite characters - Holiday style:
- Mickey's Magical Christmas
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas
- Super WHY: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular
- Dreamworks Holiday Classics
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales
- I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
- Thomas & Friends: Ultimate Christmas
- Kung Fu Panda: Holiday
- Phineas and Ferb: Christmas Vacation
- Veggie Tales: A Story of Joyful Giving
- The Polar Express
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Jingle All the Way
- The Search for Santa Paws
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups
December usually means a lot more time out and about, which can be a recipe for cranky kids and cranky parents. So we asked recipe expert Alejandra Ramos to create a Chocolate Candy Cane Smoothie for us…just don’t tell your kids it’s actually packed with protein. Learn how to make your own.
And I love this idea from former Parenting Magazine editor Kelly Ladd on how to create your own Lego travel box. Learn how to make your own.
On behalf of our team at Netflix, I wish you all a safe and happy Holiday season.
Jenny McCabe is director of the Consumer PR team at Netflix (and a mom of two)