As part of our continued improvement of the mobile Netflix playback experience, we are happy to announce the release of our new video player for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
The updated player includes the following features:
- A look and feel more consistent with the Netflix browse experience in our mobile applications
- Larger, more separated play controls appropriate for how people use these devices
- Better exploration during video play with thumbnail images on the scrub bar
- Easy access for audio/subtitles settings and other existing player features
- In Canada we also added easier "do not share" capability for Facebook-connected members
|Updated player on iPhone|
|Updated player on iPad|
Additionally we have expanded the settings menu in our App so you can now choose to only allow streaming from Netflix when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
The latest version of the Netflix application is available for download now from the Apple iTunes App Store.
We hope you enjoy Netflix on your mobile device! Stay tuned for similar updates to our App for Android.
Michael Spiegelman and Chris Jaffe
Michael Spiegelman and Chris Jaffe lead product innovation work on mobile devices at Netflix including tablets and phones